Do you want to stop smoking? Are you looking for smoking facts that will help motivate you to follow through with your goal to become a non-smoker? Below are six smoking facts on what a negative impact that smoking has on your life. You may even be able to quit smoking naturally without the help of treatment options after reading this!
- Health – Of course the health benefits are the most obvious reason to quit. Smoking causes cancer of the lungs, mouth, larynx, throat, kidney, bladder, stomach, cervix and pancreas. If that is not enough, it can cause heart attacks, strokes, impotence, blindness, bad breath, tooth and gum problems, blood clots, poor circulation, breathing issues and early menopause.
- Appearance – If you think you don’t have the willpower to quit smoking naturally or without treatment options, think about how much it is aging you. It causes wrinkles, gray hair, yellow teeth and nails, acne, yellow fingers and your hair and clothing smells. Smoking is not a very attractive habit.
- Cost – If you haven’t used a quit smoking calculator yet to see just how much money you are spending on cigarettes, you should. You may be disgustingly surprised. Many smokers find that they are spending up to 10 percent of their income on their smoking addiction.
- Social Acceptance – Unlike many years ago, smoking is no longer considered the “in” thing to do. Some employers even prefer to not hire smokers because they average more sick days, increase insurance premiums and in some occupations, take many more breaks. Landlords may choose to not rent to you and more establishments are now smoke-free. Smoking is just becoming a real hassle. You may also find that smokers now only make up less than 25 percent of the population so finding a spouse that also smokes or who is accepting of the habit may be challenging.
- Health of Others – Those around you including friends, family, children, and pets are affected by your second-hand smoke. They can also develop lung disease, cancer, asthma, ear infections, bronchitis, colds, headaches, nausea and eye irritation.
- Environmental Factors – Every time you exhale from a cigarette, you release 4,000 chemicals into the air. Your cigarettes are destroying trees and killing animals and marine life that eat butts that have been carelessly thrown away on the ground and in ocean, lakes, and rivers.
There are enough treatments options available such as laser therapy and laser acupuncture to stop smoking, that if you cannot naturally quit smoking on your own, you have no excuse not to try another method. Learn the smoking facts and you will see there are an unbelievable number of reasons to quit smoking and not one good reason not to.